HFP01 is the world’s most popular sensor for heat flux measurement in the soil as well as through walls and building envelopes. The total thermal resistance is kept small by using a ceramics-plastic composite body. The sensor is very robust and stable. It is suitable for long term use on one location as well as repeated installation when a measuring system is used at multiple locations. If measuring in soil, in case a more accurate measurement is needed the model HFP01SC should be considered.
- Low thermal resistance (essential for use on walls and windows)
- Large guard area (required by the ISO 9869 standard)
- Low electrical resistance (low pickup of electrical noise)
- High sensitivity (good signal to noise ratio in low-flux environments such as buildings)
- Robustness, including a strong cable
- IP protection class: IP67 (essential for outdoor application)